Tree Maintenance Reimbursement Starts July 1, 2016
Here’s how it will work:
- Grants are for owners of homes in St. Regis Park. There is a limited pool of funds allocated to this project; as well as a maximum limit for each grant.
Our pilot maintenance program, which reimburses homeowners up to 40% (not to exceed $500) of tree maintenance work approved by our arborist, has gotten off to a great start! Over 20 of your neighbors have already had their work pre-approved by Cindi Sullivan, and they are now working with qualified bonded and insured tree services with an arborist on staff, to get their work done.
- A homeowner may request to participate in the grant program by emailing name, address, email address and phone number to email@example.com and briefly describing the tree location and work he/she believes needs to be done.
- The arborist will visit the site and advise and approve work to be done. If there are questions the homeowner may contact the arborist for discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Tree Board will contact the homeowner to secure the necessary signature to validate program participation.
- Upon approval, the homeowner will contact a tree contractor individually. Work must be performed by a qualified, insured, and bonded tree contractor, with a certified arborist on staff. A list of some contractors can be found in the August newsletter and on our website, retreethepark.com
- The City will not be a party to the contract, and the work must be completed by April 15, 2017.
- Once the work is completed, the homeowner notifies the arborist who will visit the site and verify the agreed upon work has been done by an approved contractor and sign a form authorizing payment by the city treasurer.
- No homeowner delinquent in taxes will be eligible for reimbursement.
No homeowner delinquent in taxes will be eligible for reimbursement.